dandelions die cut

Welcome to my crafty blog and a first outing for a die that I’m ashamed to say has sat in my stash for some time now! I decided it would work well for the current challenge at Global Design Project, where the task is to CASE (copy and selectively edit) the card designed by Connie.

I srated with an inky background. I made several of these before Christmas when I decided to clean my blending brushes! I don’t normally bother cleaning them between each use (I have one for each colour), but they were getting a bit heavy with ink so I thought I ought to. I just gently dipped the brush in a little water, then smoothed it across a piece of Clarity’s stencil card (it would work well with watercolour card as well) and left it it dry. This one has purple, pink & green – I trimmed it down, ran a black Sharpie around the edges and attached it to a 6×6 card blank.

I cut Clarity’s ‘five dandelions aperture’ die into white card, left a narrow strip across the bottom and trimmed the flower heads out of the frame. A spot of glue adhered it to the card front.

I thought it looked a little plain and wish I’d thought to add a little stencilling in the background before attaching the die cut. Instead, I used a purple fineliner pen to add tiny dots around the dandelion heads – I was hoping to create the effect of the pollen flying away but am now worried it just looks like a cloud of little flies!! šŸ˜‚ I added a couple of birds with a micron pen, then stamped one of the sentiments from Clarity’s ‘bijou ribbon sentiments’ set in purple onto an oval die cut.

I really like the graphic style of this die cut – another one to make sure I use a bit more often!

2 thoughts on “dandelions die cut

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s