Welcome to my crafty bog. I can’t believe it’s Sunday again already but it is, so here’s my next offering from working back through the Claritystamp new design club. Bit of a bumper offering today – three cards from two NDC products! The October 2013 stamp was the rose, and the following month Clarity sent out their first ever stencil (the heart rose) to co-ordinate with the stamp. I just had to use them both together for this project, obviously.
I started by embossing the stencil onto a piece of Clarity’s stencil card, to give it some texture.
I kept the stencil in place, and then blended Distress Oxides over the exposed areas. I used ‘tattered rose’ on the hearts shapes and added ‘picked raspberry’ into the centres, and then highlighted the leaves using ‘mowed lawn’.
Next step was to stamp the rose into the hearts. I used ‘picked raspberry’ for this again, just adding it into the large heart areas. It went over the edge on the right hand side, but that didn’t matter as I was planning to cut it down.
I then cut the card down into three pieces. I used a circle die to cut out the top left heart, and then trimmed the card across the bottom, which left me with a final small piece from the right hand side.
All I then needed to do was assemble the toppers onto the three cards. For the first one, I mounted the circle on a larger white one and attached it to a 5×5 card blank. I stamped the sentiment in ‘mowed lawn’ onto a scrap of white card and cut it into a banner shape before attaching it across the topper using foam pads.
I took the larger landscape piece for the second card, and trimmed it to fit across an A6 card blank. I cut a piece of white card slightly wider than the topper and blended ‘mowed lawn’ across the top and bottom edges before attaching both pieces to the card blank. It then just needed the sentiment stamped in ‘mowed lawn’ to finish.
The final card uses the smallest of the pieces. I again blended ‘mowed lawn’ onto white card that was a little bigger than the topper, and used a rectangle die to cut the centre out, so I had a frame. I attached the topper to an A6 card blank and then used Pinflair glue to stick the frame over top. This one was again finished by stamping the sentiment in ‘mowed lawn’.
One of these cards will be winging its way to an old friend, who I did my nurse training with. She’s currently the President of the League of Nurses from our training hospital (St Bartholomew’s in London) which has just commissioned and launched a new rose for members – the Barts rose. It’s a beautiful deep pink flower, so these colours were just perfect and I hope she likes it.